Use Canvs to UNDERSTAND EMOTIONAL REACTIONS MADE TO TALENT AND CHARACTERS
With the 2015 Fall season quickly ending, The CW wanted to understand how fans were feeling about principal talent and characters during Arrow’s Season 4, Episode 7 in order to inform promotional strategies. Using Canvs’s automated topical analysis report, The CW was able to quickly gage the emotional breakdown of its actors and characters. The Canvs insights generated from this report helped the network prioritize the individuals that inspired nuanced Emotional Reactions (ERs) from its viewers for its upcoming marketing efforts.
Paul Blackthorne drove 349% more excited Emotional Reactions than the average made to talent
Thea Queen drove 76% more crazy Emotional Reactions than the average made to characters
David Ramsey drove 10% more love Emotional Reactions than the average made to talent
David Ramsey drove the highest share of love, good, dislike/hate, crazy, beautiful, and afraid Emotional Reactions made to talent
Felicity Smoak drove 134% more beautiful Emotional Reactions than the average made to characters
John Diggle drove the highest share of love, dislike/hate, and excited Emotional Reactions made to characters
Understanding which characters and talent resonate most with fans empowers television networks to make more educated decisions. Content strategies, for example, can be based off which characters are receiving the most love or crazy Emotional Reactions from fans. Knowing which actors and characters are driving Emotional Reactions can also empower networks when crafting creative collateral pushed to fans, as well as creative directors when highlighting talent/characters in key art and/or on-air creative.
- Use Canvs’s topical analysis report to understand high-level insights about principal talent and characters
- Dive deeper to understand the emotional breakdown of principal talent and characters
- Identify insights among talent- and character-specific emotional conversation
- Download Canvs’s topical analysis report for Season 4, Episode 7 of The CW's Arrow
- Analyze Emotional Reaction breakdowns made to talent and characters
- Gather insights surrounding talent and characters that drove the highest share of conversation per emotion