We're proud to announce that we raised $5.6 million in Series A financing. Among our investors are: KEC Ventures, Rubicon Venture Capital, Gary Vaynerchuk and BRaVe Ventures, Social Starts, and Milestone Venture Partners.
We are busy solving a critical problem facing the entertainment industry, by helping them move beyond the two current methods used to understand audiences: traditional market research and social media sentiment analysis. These methods, while helpful, have small samples, are laborious, expensive, and certainly not real-time.
At Canvs, we help address this problem. We're dedicated to the scientific study of language, with a team of linguists studying language form, language meaning, and language in context across Twitter, Facebook and more.
We are extremely excited to continue to offer immediate predictive insight into ratings, loyalty, show renewal and brand recall within hours of a show’s first run.
Check out just some of the press we've received leading into today's announcement:
- Dow Jones Canvs TV Raises $5.6M To Mine TV Fans' Social Media
- TechCrunch Canvs Raises $5.6M To Help TV Networks Track Viewers’ Emotions
- Xconomy Canvs Raises $5.6M for Platform to Map Emotions via Social Media
- Vator News Canvs raises $5.6M to measure emotional response to TV shows
- Multichannel News Canvs Banks $5.6M ‘A’ Round: Startup Mines Social TV Chatter to Map Viewer Emotions
- VideoNuze Canvs Raises $5.6 Million to Interpret Video Viewers’ Social Sentiments
- MediaPost Social Tech Oriented Canvs Raises 5.6 million to Build Sales, Marketing Teams