CANVS + SPREDFAST
Use Canvs and Spredfast for a more holistic view into understanding your audience
A major CPG company placed a high-impact placement on a major TV network during a highly social annual awards show. The integration involved sponsoring a concert of live performances that ran in tandem with the awards show and leveraging a social media influencer to drive buzz. In measuring the efficacy of the campaign, the network was able to add an additional layer to their traditional digital reporting by injecting Canvs data to their already robust Spredfast reporting structure. Specifically, Canvs was able to provide rich insight into how viewers felt about the integration, allowing for a greater understanding of the placement’s overall performance.
Key findings AT A GLANCE
The awards show campaign effectively aligned the CPG brand within emotional discussion about the live performances and its stars, particularly with love and excited conversation.
Tapping into the audiences of the social influencer was extremely effective in driving anticipation for the live performance and aligning this excitement with the CPG brand on social media.
A particular sponsored performance drove the most emotional conversation and the most love among all performances of the event. This sponsored performance also drove the highest association with the CPG brand.
In order to gauge how successful an on-air integration is, networks and advertisers need to look at a variety of different data points to get a comprehensive view on who is speaking about the integration and how they’re reacting to it on social media. Canvs, which currently mines the billions of social Reactions happening around television, is able to provide nuanced insights into how people feel about entertainment content.
Use Canvs to see how the CPG brand was able to align itself with emotional conversation about the live performances.
Use Canvs to understand if the social media influencer was effective at driving buzz leading into the live performances.
Use Canvs to diagnose the most reacted-to performance and see its overall emotional resonance and how it impacted the CPG brand.
Use Canvs to understand emotional resonance to the CPG brand as a whole.
- Analyze emotional conversation within Canvs and diagnose top reacted-to moments.
- Create keyword-based searches for the live performers and compare volume of Reactions and emotional breakdowns.
- Create a keyword-based search for the CPG brand and analyze volume of Reactions as well as emotional breakdown.
- Take compiled data for live performers and CPG brand and analyze against emotional conversation to overall campaign for insight.
- The award show campaign effectively aligned the CPG brand within emotional discussion about the live performance and its stars. 1 out of every 5 Reactions to the campaign mentioned the CPG brand. This is particularly noteworthy given the star power of the performers at play during this campaign.
- Using a major social influencer was extremely effective in driving excitement for the live performance and aligning this anticipation with the CPG brand. Pre-event CPG Reactions accounted for 26% of all Reactions to the brand during the campaign. 94% of this conversation expressed excitement, all of which was driven by the social influencer.
- The major performance of the show and its involvement in this campaign drove the most emotional conversation and the most love among all live performers. This performance also drove the highest association with the CPG brand. Specifically, the major performance accounted for 75% of all campaign Reactions. It also drove the highest share of love (74%). But most importantly, it drove the most Reactions around the CPG brand, with a total of 67% of all CPG-related Reactions.
- Following the live event, the CPG sponsor saw a surge of Reactions that associated the brand with fans’ love for the performances. 69% of CPG sponsor Reactions occurred in the post-event phase of the campaign. Within this phase, 98% of the CPG brand’s Reactions expressed love due to fans praising the quality of the musical performances, while at the same time associating these performances with the brand.