CANVS + AFFINIO
How to Use Affinio and Canvs together for a Richer Data Experience.
Through working with common customers, Canvs, the qualitative analytics platform and Affinio, the marketing intelligence platform, discovered the synergies that exist between our platforms. For Affinio users, Canvs can hone in on the programming tastes and preferences of a specific audience segment. For Canvs users, Affinio can scale out from a programming-specific tribe and understand the broader spectrum of their interests and affinities.
Affinio is the marketing intelligence platform that understands audiences through how they are connected. The Affinio algorithm analyzes the billions of network connections that exist within a social audience to understand the different naturally-forming interest-based audience segments.
Within each segment, you can further understand your audience through their interests, who they are influenced by, what they talk about, the content they engage with, and ultimately care most about. Customers use Affinio to create data-fueled marketing strategies based on a solid foundation of understanding your audience.
Created to measure and interpret emotions, Canvs is the only qualitative analytics platform to provide nuanced insights into audience behavior at scale. Currently mining the billions of social reactions happening around television, Canvs is becoming the industry standard for qualitative analysis, informing television marketing, research, production, and ad sales strategies.
Built using social media listening research from MSI Young Marketing Scholar, Professor Sam Hui, PhD, as well as real-world analyst experience, Canvs has been featured in a number of leading publications including The Wall Street Journal, Variety, The Atlantic, The LA Times, CNBC.com, Mashable and Ad Week's Lost Remote.
How to Use Affinio Data within Canvs
- Log into the Affinio platform and run a new report, or select an already completed report that you wish to integrate with Canvs. Depending on the size of the audience, Affinio will segment the audience into various interest-based tribes.
- Once the segmentation has been completed, select the ideal tribe and export the user handles. Take the handles and format them with the modifications (see below) for a Boolean search. To prep for the Boolean search, append each username with a colon and put each handle in quotations. Make sure there is an OR statement included between every handle.
- Once your Boolean search is constructed, copy the Boolean search terms into Explore in the Canvs platform.
- In Explore, select your filter criteria. Filter options include looking at specific emotions, a specific date range, or specific networks.
- Once you are satisfied with your filtering, hit “enter” to analyze your tribes with Canvs.
Once the five steps have been completed, you will have successfully analyzed your Affinio tribes within Canvs. By analyzing the tribes in Canvs, you will have access to data including the TV-viewing habits of the selected tribes and their Reactions to the entertainment content.
How to Use Canvs Data within Affinio
- Log into the Canvs platform and export a selected Twitter audience in a .CSV format. Make sure that your export is a single column with no extra spaces or punctuation marks.
- Log into the Affinio platform and click “+New Report.” Select “Twitter” as the report type and upload the .CSV file using the “Upload .CSV” tab.
- Click “enter” to then segment you Canvs audience into Affinio interest-based tribes.
Once these three steps have been completed, you will have successfully analyzed a Canvs audience within Affinio. By analyzing the Canvs audience in Affinio, you will have data that identifies the audience's passion, interests, favorite brands, and the type of content they share.
As can be seen, combining these platforms allows users to collect richer audience
data and hone in on audience interests as well as programming tastes.